Friday, November 25, 2016

NaNoWriMo CRUNCH: The last 5000 words

Hi there, fellow NaNoWriMo warriors! :D

How is your novel coming along? For those of you who have finished, lucky you, you can sit back and relax now. No, seriously, CONGRATS! :D

What about those of you still not there yet? Is the word count still too far away? Well, just do your absolute best. Even if you don't make it in the end, at least you tried :) And, there's always next year!

What about those of you, like me, who are down to writing the last 5000 or so words?

This is the NaNoWriMo CRUNCH. The second big one besides that time of Writer'sblockitis danger.

For me, anyway,
it always seems that the last 5000 words are harder to write than the first 5000.

I know that I'm almost done. I know that I can make it. This is where that dangerous sluggishness comes to bother me. It tells me, "No, no, you don't have to worry about it today. You still have tomorrow and the next day. Heck, you still have five days left."

But I can't let that sluggishness tempt me into skipping a day of writing just because of sluggishness. The times I did skip a day of writing was when I had life to deal with and it became hard to write on some days. And that's okay to skip. If life seems more important than writing sometimes, it's totally okay :)

Sluggishness. That's the evil beast you can't hand over the steering wheel. Keep up that momentum of writing everyday even if you only manage to write 1500 words or 500 words or maybe you only write two cliffhanger words to get yourself started again tomorrow; "And then,". Just those two words, comma and all.

So, my advice to you NaNoWriMo newbie warriors is to write everyday until you finish or until you get as much done as life allowed you to.

For those of you who have around 5000 words left (I lied, for me it's 5999 so almost 6000), keep up that great momentum and slay this novel. Slay the NaNoWriMo dragon. You can do it because you are awesome writers and brave warriors.

Let's do this thing! :D

Happy Writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment