Tuesday, October 31, 2017

The Last Chapters

Let's do a Q&A with me.

How long have you been writing Liaffon, including the times when you were suffering from writer'sblockitis?

7 years.


How long have you been editing?

7 years.


Why is it the same?

Well, I did a rewrite once of the whole story but before I could finish that, I realized I had to change the entire story dynamic and have one MC instead of two. So I had to write the story with one MC.

Then I started to write that and I finished it when I realized the story wasn't interesting. Nothing made you cheer for the character. It was just too dull and dry.

All that together within 7 years.


How's that process going now?

Well, I can successfully say I'm on the editing phase of the last few chapters.


Wait...THE LAST FEW CHAPTERS?

YEAH I KNOW RIGHT???


*******************


The reason for this freak out is not because I'm almost done (satisfied with my work so far? Yes.) but because the last few chapters are as critical as the first few chapters. Just as the first few chapters make the reader read the rest of the novel, the last few chapters make them wondering for more as well.

So, let me just sprawl out my last few chapters ideas. I have two ways this can go.

1. Eventually, there's going to be a sequel and I can talk about some things that are going to be in the sequel in the last few chapters without revealing any plots.

2. Eventually, there's going to be a sequel so I don't want to reveal anything and keep it as close to the idea of book 1 as I possibly can but still add in the one marvel of the futuristic city that the characters of book 1 are all going to see at the end.


Both will have an end that obviously leads to another beginning.

I have option 1 in there right now and I'm not satisfied with it at all.

I might try option 2 even though there are some things in option 1 I really like and might want to keep for the future. When you're a writer, you have to be open to let go of your babies a.k.a the parts in the story that you really like and want to keep.

Actually, here's another option.

3. Yes they see the marvel, but just as they are about to see more, they are captured for some reason. MC is left wondering what will happen to them and whether or not he can fulfill his promise he made with his village leader.

Maybe that's more interesting...hmm...

Happy Writing, fellow writers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment